Public Partnerships (PPL)
PPL is the Fiscal Agent (F/EA) for the following Managed Care Organizations (MCO) for those on a CCC Plus Waiver:
- United Healthcare
Role of the Fiscal Agent
The Fiscal Employer Agent performs payroll activities on behalf of the EOR. This allows the individual to use waiver funds to hire and pay attendants. The above mentioned MCOs contract with PPL to ensure that payment to the attendant is accurate based on approved service authorizations and timesheets that have been approved by the EOR. The Fiscal Employer Agent keeps payment records and follows all tax rules on the EOR’s behalf. The EOR employs the attendant(s).
- On the top of the dashboard, you will find a menu. Click Budget Summary.
- At the top of the page, you will see a series of columns. You will want to focus on Authorization ID, Start Date, and End Date.
- On the left-hand side of the page, you will see a a column for Service. Within this column, there are magnifying glass icons within each listed service type. Click these icons to see an in-depth accounting of the Authorization Detail.
- Once in the Authorization Detail, you will see a series of tabs. The first is an overview of the Authorization Detail.
- The next tab is for Authorization Line Entries. This displays a historical record of all submitted time sheets.
- The remaining tab is for Revision History. This displays the status of any revisions to the service authorizations made by the individual’s MCO.
- If you have any questions, contact PPL. See below for this information.
- Don’t forget to manually log out of the portal once finished.
Electronic Visit Verification
The 21st Century Cures Act set new rules requiring an Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) system to capture clock-in and clock-out times for Home and Community Based Services, including consumer-directed waiver services. Time4Care is PPL’s mobile application that attendants can use to record their time as they deliver care to individuals. The app will capture an attendant’s start time, end time, and location at the start and end of their shift. Individuals can also use Time4Care to review and approve an attendant’s time.
PPL is here to make this federally mandated law simple and stress-free with an easy to use and convenient Time4Care mobile app. This mobile app is tailor-made for the consumer-directed community. Since Time4Care analyzes both EVV rules and program rules, individuals know immediately if there is an issue with their time entry, giving them more time to fix any issues before pay day.
Time4Care on the App Store
Time4Care on Google Play